This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving Cambridge Based SME as a talented Software Engineer to join its rapidly growing data and analytics team
The appointee will have three focus areas: the development, optimisation and maintenance of custom analytics software to enhance data-driven decision making in the company; the design and development of data management pipelines for Extraction, Transformation and Loading; and the design and development of tools to facilitate data retrieval, interpretation and visualisation across Wren’s scientific teams. The appointee will also contribute to the data science platform in developing methods, for example developing algorithms for high-throughput image analysis or improvements to the company’s proprietary “chemical kinetics” data platform. The successful candidate will have a desire to play a key role in discovering new treatments for debilitating diseases, while working in a multidisciplinary and fast-paced environment.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to
- As part of the Data and Analytics team, design and deliver cost effective, automated, robust, testable and scalable solutions to serve the needs of the company’s scientific platforms.
- Define and deliver standardised ETL pipelines for data output from a variety of experimental assays (from in-vitro to in-vivo), and multiple clinical targets
- Implement data interpretation and visualisation tools and dashboards for a wide variety of data types
- Work closely with the team to contribute to the design of data science methods (e.g. for high throughput image analysis) and productionise analytics prototypes
- Optimise/parallelise implementations of computationally demanding algorithms
- Ensure that software delivered in the team is of high standard, conforms to software engineering best practices and follows the software development lifecycle.
- Execute technology processes from concept development and solution architecture to solution integration and deployment on appropriate infrastructure (on-premise or cloud).
- Communicate complex ideas and concepts to non-experts as well as to peers in an effective and concise fashion
Skills, qualifications, and experience required
- BSc and/or MSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline at a leading academic institution
- In depth programming skills in more than one of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C/C++, R
- Experience working with a range of Data & Analytics architectures: traditional warehousing, noSQL, container technology
- Hands on database design and data modelling experience
- Hands on experience building high availability analytics solutions for cloud and on-premise infrastructure
- Experience in DevOps, using continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Familiarity with Agile project delivery methodology
- Experience of building unit tests, integration tests, system tests and acceptance tests
- Ability to understand complex problems and to design and implement novel solutions
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to work both independently and as part of collaborative research projects.
- Ability to communicate efficiently with both a technical and a non-technical audience
- Familiarity with ML libraries (e.g. Python Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch)
- Previous experience in digital image/signal processing
- Previous experience delivering solutions in the life science domain
What's on Offer
Wren Therapeutics will offer the opportunity to work for a growing and successful business in the Biotech industry, a generous salary, and benefits package. If you meet the above criteria and would be interested in working for us, then please apply below.