This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving Cambridge based biotech as Lead Computational Chemist applying cutting edge science to discover new therapeutics to treat human disease. The role holder will play an integral part in effectively utilising unique types of project data to design novel molecules and drive forward our drug discovery projects.
The successful candidate will be a professional computational chemist with experience of working alongside Medicinal Chemists and other scientists in Drug Discovery project teams. They will be proficient with a broad range of computational compound design techniques including molecular modelling, conformational analyses, virtual screening and property predictions. In addition, they will utilise the required tools to analyse data to find structure-activity and structure-property relationships to drive multi-parameter optimisation within our projects. The role holder will work closely with all scientists in the company, across disciplines, including a range of data scientists exploiting Wren’s unique data set in a holistic manner.
The successful candidate will have a strong desire to play a key role in discovering transformative treatments for debilitating diseases while working in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Establish effective computational chemistry infrastructure according to scientific/business needs
- Collaborate effectively as a key member of Drug Discovery project teams
- Analyse and exploit all available data including kinetic, potency, ADME and physicochemical properties to design novel compounds to achieve multi-parameter optimisation
- Work effectively with Medicinal Chemists to drive highly effective compound design including applying ligand-based computational design and establishing predictive models for project data
- Exploit a broad range of informatics tools and databases, both internal and external, to utilize project data effectively
- Opportunity to take on project leadership of a Drug Discovery project
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work in a diverse, interdisciplinary and driven environment
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience required
- PhD in Organic Chemistry, Computational Chemistry or equivalent experience
- Greater than 5 years’ experience in a Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology context working in small molecule drug discovery projects
- Experience with Chem-/Bio-informatics platforms such as Dotmatics or Biovia is a plus
- Strong general IT skills
- An analytical mindset with superb communication, problem-solving and team-working skills
What's on Offer
Wren Therapeutics will offer the opportunity to work for a growing and successful business in the Biotech industry, a generous salary, and benefits package. If you meet the above criteria and would be interested in working for us, then please apply below.