This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving Cambridge Based SME as a talented Laboratory Assistant to join its rapidly growing scientific team.
The appointee will work in a dynamic and friendly environment and will assist in running a busy experimental laboratory and support different research platforms. Duties include but not limited to, purchasing laboratory equipment and consumables, maintaining laboratory equipment, and performing experimental work for the development of assays for drug discovery.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Purchasing and keeping records of laboratory equipment, consumables and reagents
- Maintaining laboratory equipment and liaising with manufacturers for instrument repair
- Operating laboratory dishwashers, preparing commonly used solutions, and assisting in other laboratory-related tasks
- Assisting with experimental work if and when required
- Arranging with external partners for a range of services, including laundry, waste disposal and electrical PAT testing
- Training and assisting other Laboratory Assistants
- Working closely with other Wren Scientists and contributing to problem-solving for efficient and smooth laboratory operations
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience required
- A Degree in bioscience, biochemistry, molecular biology or a related discipline, and/or relevant industry experience in a similar setting
- Previous experience working in a biotech laboratory is highly valuable
- Proven organisational, teamwork and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent time management
- Motivation and willingness to learn experimental techniques
- Basic knowledge of informatic tools and ELNs is a plus
What's on Offer
Wren Therapeutics will offer the opportunity to work for a growing and successful business in the Biotech industry, a generous salary, and benefits package. If you meet the above criteria and would be interested in working for us, then please apply below.